When you are looking for that perfect life insurance plan to protect your financial needs, how do you make sure that a policy meets all your requirements? The answer to that question is two-fold. First of all, you need to find the most comprehensive policy that provides maximum protection. Secondly, you need to make the policy even stronger with the help of riders.
Riders are add-on features which can supplement your existing insurance policy. These riders provide extra coverage for specific situations. You need to pay extra for these riders, depending on what and how much they cover.
If you feel that your insurance policy does not provide protection from a certain event, you can add protection for that event by paying extra for it. For instance, if your policy does not have any provisions for covering a serious illness, you can simply add a critical illness rider to cover it.
How can riders help?
Riders can be very helpful in overcoming some limitations that your insurance policy may have. Depending on the types of riders available, you can get the following advantages:
- A rider can help add extra benefits to your current insurance plan
- It can support you financially in case of a terminal illness
- In case of an unfortunate event like death in an accident, an accidental death rider can protect family members financially
- Riders like ‘waiver of premium’ rider can waive off future payments in case of disability of the policy holder
Riders can hence help you to add an extra layer of protection to your insurance plan. By adding the right type of riders, you can protect your loved ones and secure their future.
- Research well and select riders that can add real value to your insurance plan
- Consult your insurance company to clarify the terms of the riders