Upon accidental death, the rider sum assured will be paid to the nominee.
The birla sun life insurance accidental death rider rider will be attached with birla sun life insurance bima suraksha super and birla sun life insurance bima dhan sanchay filed with the irda provided the basic sum assured is greater than or equal to rs.10, 000/-. The sum assured under the rider shall not exceed the sum assured under the base product.
Upon accidental death while the rider is in effect, the rider sum assured will be paid to the nominee, subject to receipt of satisfactory evidence of:
• The accidental death of the life insured
• The right of nominee to receive the benefit
• Any other facts which may be considered materia to the claim
Accidental death means
· Traumatic death caused by external, violent, unforeseeable and visible means, occurring independently of any other causes
· Occurs within six months of the trauma
· Does not result from any of the causes mentioned under exceptions provisions for this rider.
Upon the death of the life insured due to an accident while the rider coverage is in effect, sum assured is paid to the nominee and the rider will be terminated
Rider benefit amount will be equal to that of the base plan
Modes of premiums permitted and premium payment term
Premium paying term (ppt): regular pay.
Policy premiums can be paid yearly, half yearly, quarterly or monthly.
|Eligibility Criteria |
||- Minimum 18 - 60 years, Maximum Maturity age - 65 years|
||- 5, 10, 15 years (same as base policy benefit terms) |
||- 5, 10, 15 years|
||- Same as base plan|
||- Minimum Sum assured - Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000|
The rider will not pay the sum assured if the death is a direct or indirect result of any of the following:
• Suicide or self inflicted injury, whether the Life Insured is medically sane or insane.
• War, terrorism, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, martial law, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurper power, riot or civil commotion. War means any war whether declared or not.
• Service in the armed forces, or any auxiliary civilian force, of any country at war or service in any force of an international body.
• Committing an assault, a criminal offence, an illegal activity or any breach of law.
• Taking or absorbing, accidentally or otherwise, any intoxicating liquor, drug, narcotic, medicine, sedative or poison, except as prescribed by a licensed doctor other than the policy owner or the Life Insured.
• Inhaling any gas or fumes, accidentally or otherwise, except accidentally in the course of duty.
• Body or mental infirmity or any disease.
• Participation in aviation other than as a fare-paying passenger in an aircraft which is authorised by the relevant regulations to carry such passengers between established aerodromes.